2017 marks AvMA’s 35th Anniversary!
Established in 1982 following public reaction to the television play Minor Complications, we have provided advice and support to over 100,000 people affected by medical accidents, and succeeded in bringing about massive changes to the way that the NHS and the legal system deals with clinical negligence and in moving patient safety higher up the agenda in the UK.
Though we have had many significant achievements, the need for our work remains as great as ever.
AvMA 35th Anniversary Gala Celebration
Evening of Friday 1st December 2017, Grand Connaught Rooms, London
Celebrate 35 years of action on patient safety and justice!
Join us on the evening of Friday 1 December 2017 at the Grand Connaught Rooms in London to celebrate AvMA’s 30th anniversary and to mark the progress that has been made in patient safety and justice since AvMA was formed in 1982.
It will be the perfect event to entertain clients, contacts and/or reward staff, on an evening that will bring together the key people from the medico-legal and patient safety worlds.
Tickets cost £130 + VAT per person if you are booking a table of 10, or £150 + VAT for individual tickets, to include a drink on arrival, three course meal, coffee, half a bottle of wine and mineral water per person and entertainment.
35th Anniversary Roll of Honour
The following companies have generously sponsored our 35th anniversary activities aimed at raising awareness of our work and why it is needed, and to raise much needed funds. We are grateful that they share AvMA’s values and wish to support us in this way.
Other sponsors of our anniversary year
Individuals’ support makes a huge difference too!
Here are some idea, but contact us and we will talk through ideas and support your project.
- Come along to any of our events and have a good time. Your modest fee will go towards our charitable work
- Do an activity you are interested in or find challenging and get sponsorship for AvMA: You could try a parachute jump; run a marathon or half marathon; complete a bike ride; or something even more exciting!
- Make a one-off donation or better still, sign up for regular giving. Anything helps – a few people giving £10/month would make a huge difference
- Remember AvMA in your will
- Tell people about AvMA and the vital work we do!