Do you want to make a legal claim for compensation?
When treatment has been negligent and caused harm, most people want honest answers and explanations about what happened and to see that learning takes place to stop the same thing happening to someone else. However, it is also perfectly reasonable to seek compensation.
At the moment, the only way to get full compensation for clinical negligence is by taking legal action. Legal action can’t put things right but it can help you to cope with the consequences.
How AvMA can help
Our self-help guides provide clear and straightforward explanations of how to make a claim:
- How do I choose a solicitor?
- How will I pay for my legal costs?
- Am I within the legal time limits to bring a claim?
- Legal action/claiming compensation in England
- Legal action/claiming compensation in Scotland
- Legal action/claiming compensation in Wales
- Your rights
It is very important to use a genuinely specialist solicitor for clinical negligence claims. AvMA can recommend an accredited solicitor who is a member of our specialist clinical negligence panel.
If you have used the complaints procedure and would like some advice on making a legal claim then please contact our helpline:
- 0845 123 2352 (Mon – Fri 10am – 3.30pm)
Or you can write in to our advice and information service.