Do you want to make a complaint about NHS or private healthcare?
If you believe something has gone wrong with the healthcare provided to you or a loved one, it is almost always best to discuss your concerns with the medical staff first. If this doesn’t resolve the matter, the NHS has a formal complaints procedure you can follow. It is free to use and we encourage you to try this before taking matters further.
How AvMA can help
Our self-help guides provide clear and straightforward explanations of the procedure and guide you through making a complaint.
- Making a complaint to the NHS in England
- Making a complaint to the NHS in Scotland
- Making a complaint to the NHS in Wales
- Complaining about private healthcare
- Sample letter of complaint
- Access to medical records
- The duty of candour: What it means for patients and their families
If after reading these guides you require further help, please contact our helpline:
- 0845 123 2352 (Mon – Fri 10am – 3.30pm)