Benefits of Joining for Barristers
- Individual listing on the Lawyers’ Service website and a link to your chambers’ webpage, which can be accessed by over 2,500 specialist solicitors.
- Discounts on events such as the Annual Clinical Negligence Conference (current members have saved over £100 at this year’s annual conference 25th – 27th June in Leeds).
- A substantial discount if you subscribe to the Journal of Patient Safety and Risk Management.
- Expert Database: AvMA maintains one of the most comprehensive databases of the best and most experienced medical experts in the field of clinical negligence litigation. Each expert is vetted by our experienced staff and we monitor feedback from solicitors who have used them. Should you need assistance, we can also offer you a bespoke service, with help from our team of experienced lawyers and medics who can help you identify the right expert for your case. Although we guarantee to respond to requests within 7 workings days, we usually turn around requests within 24 hours. Your membership gives you unlimited access to the experts on our database. Where possible, each response to a request aims to provide details of two potential experts who may be able to assist.
Login if you are already a member
How to join
If you are interested in joining, membership is an annual subscription which runs from 1st July to 30th June. The rates are banded according to your number of years call and set out in the Barristers rate card 2018-19. To join at the *beginning of the subscription year, complete and return this along with your payment and the Code of Conduct referred to below, to AvMA marked for the attention of Norika Patel at:Freedman House Christopher Wren Yard 117 High Street
Croydon CR0 1QG
DX 144267 CROYDON 24
Counsel are asked to sign and return the Code of Conduct which has been approved by the Bar Council and reflects the fact that barristers act for both claimants and defendants.
If you have any queries, please contact Norika Patel, the Lawyers’ Service Administrator and PA to Lisa O’Dwyer, Director of Medico-Legal Services
* If you wish to join or re-subscribe after the 1st July, you will have to pay the full subscription fee.