The 30th Annual Clinical Negligence Conference
Join us in Brighton for the 30th AvMA Annual Clinical Negligence Conference (ACNC)! This is the event that brings the clinical negligence community together to learn and discuss the latest developments, policies and strategies in clinical negligence and medical law.
ACNC 2018 will offer the usual high standard of plenary presentations and focused breakout sessions that you would expect from this event, ensuring that you stay up to date with all the key issues. The programme this year will explore the perils and pitfalls of diagnosis in a clinical negligence context with a focus on surgery, particularly in relation to:
- The impact of missed and delayed diagnosis from the primary care setting to the post-operative setting
- Interpretation: an analysis of clinical issues and legal updates in the context of diagnosis in histopathology and radiology
- Incorrect surgery: never events from wrong site surgery to incorrect patients. Why is it still occurring?
- Identification of problem surgeons: impact on regulation and non-delegable duties in the wake of the Paterson litigation
- Vaginal mesh litigation. Consent issues and surgical options for the patients
Many other key medico-legal topics will also be covered at such an important time for clinical negligence practitioners.
As well as providing you with a top quality, thought provoking, learning and networking experience, the success of the conference helps AvMA to maintain its position as an essential force in promoting patient safety and justice.
Reduced rates available for:
- Multiple bookings
- Junior solicitors & barristers
- Trainee legal executives
- Sponsors and exhibitors
Accommodation at #ACNC18
Accommodation for residential places will be allocated on a first-come, first-served basis at the Hilton Brighton Metropole.