Benefits of Joining for Barristers
- Individual listing on the Lawyers’ Service website and a link to your chambers’ webpage, which can be accessed by over 2,500 specialist solicitors.
- Discounts on events such as the Annual Clinical Negligence Conference (current members have saved over £100 at this year’s annual conference 25th – 27th June in Leeds).
- A substantial discount if you subscribe to the Journal of Patient Safety and Risk Management.
- Royal Society of Medicine (RSM) discounted membership rates. In summary the key benefits of RSM membership are:- Discounted or free attendance at RSM events- 24/7 access to the RSM’s library with over 600,000 volumes- Online access to over 6,000 full text ejournals , 7,500+ ebooks and six major medical databases- Access to over 800 videos of key RSM lectures – free to view- Exclusive members’ only club facilities in central London – with Lounge Bar, restaurant (private dining rooms available free of hire charge) and an onsite hotel (rooms rates staring at just £106)- Access to over 50 reciprocal clubs both in the UK and overseas- A range of other related discounts on medical study tours, home insurance, gym membership, Apple products and much more.Full details of the benefits and how to apply can be found at: https://www.rsm.ac.uk/become-a-member Use Promo Code “AVMA50”
- Expert Database: AvMA maintains one of the most comprehensive databases of the best and most experienced medical experts in the field of clinical negligence litigation. Each expert is vetted by our experienced staff and we monitor feedback from solicitors who have used them. Should you need assistance, we can also offer you a bespoke service, with help from our team of experienced lawyers and medics who can help you identify the right expert for your case. Although we guarantee to respond to requests within 7 workings days, we usually turn around requests within 24 hours. Your membership gives you unlimited access to the experts on our database. Where possible, each response to a request aims to provide details of two potential experts who may be able to assist.
Login if you are already a member
How to join
If you are interested in joining, membership is an annual subscription which runs from 1st July to 30th June. The rates are banded according to your number of years call and set out in the Barristers rate card 2019-20. To join at the *beginning of the subscription year, complete and return this along with your payment, to AvMA marked for the attention of Norika Patel at:Freedman House Christopher Wren Yard 117 High Street
Croydon CR0 1QG
DX 144267 CROYDON 24
Please note that by subscribing or re-subscribing to Lawyers Service it is implied that you are prepared to comply with our Code of Conduct which has been approved by the Bar Council and reflects the fact that barristers act for both claimants and defendants.
If you have any queries, please contact Norika Patel, the Lawyers’ Service Administrator and PA to Lisa O’Dwyer, Director of Medico-Legal Services
* If you wish to join or re-subscribe after the 1st July, you will have to pay the full subscription fee.