35th Anniversary Year 2017
Though we have had many significant achievements, the need for our work remains as great as ever.
As a charity we cannot exist without your donations and support. It enables us to continue helping thousands of families who have suffered a medical accident.
We are a powerful voice for the injured patient and their families. Together we can improve patient safety, ensure access to justice and give vital support to our most vulnerable families.
Our need is great, resources stretched with increasing demand for our patient advice line, specialist client case work and our highly successful inquest support services.
In addition, we continue to fight to preserve access to justice for victims of clinical negligence, their families and the great British public.
AvMA’s recent achievements include:
- Being an active member of the Mid Staffs public inquiry
- Instrumental in the introduction of “Duty of Candour”
- Our successful campaign for a Chief Coroner
How You Can Help Us in 2017
- Ask your employer or organisation to nominate AvMA as your Charity of the Year 2017
- Organise your own events to raise money for AvMA
- Run, ride or jump for AvMA in 2017, join our sponsored parachute jump, take on a marathon, fun run or bike ride
- Help us organise an event in your area such as a curry night, quiz night or concert
- Encourage your friends, colleagues or employees to become regular givers to AvMA. Just £5 a month would help us train new volunteers and support our families at inquest hearings
For further details contact Philip Walker, our Fundraising Manager, on 020 8688 9555 or click here to email
Help us do more good work – we need your support in 2017