Additional sources of help


Local NHS complaints advocacy services can support you to make a complaint about the NHS and may help compose letters and accompany you to meetings. They are commissioned by local authorities across England.

Healthwatch can also help you to make a complaint about any NHS or social care service. Healthwatch is an independent organisation that listens to your concerns about health and social care services. There is a Healthwatch in every area of England.


The Patient Advice and Support Service (PASS) is part of Citizens Advice Scotland (CAS). The service is independent and provides free, confidential information, advice and support to anyone who uses the NHS in Scotland, including raising concerns or making a complaint about treatment and care.


Independent help and advice with NHS complaints is available from your local Community Health Council.

Northern Ireland

The Patient and Client Council can help you make a complaint about NHS care and treatment in Northern Ireland.

Other support and advice

In addition to help from the services listed here you may benefit from support which other organisations offer: