AvMA’s self-help guides have been written by experts to help guide you through the process of taking action following a medical injury. In clear and straightforward language, they set out the procedures you will need to follow, and legal rights and obligations, and contain useful contact details for regulatory bodies, advice services and other organisations that may be of help.
All our guides are also available in a large print version. Please email us confirming which guide you would like.
- General information
- Making a complaint about NHS or private healthcare
- Accessing medical records
- Brain injuries at birth and other birth injuries
- Help with an inquest
- Raising concerns about a healthcare worker
- Making a legal claim for compensation
- Making a claim for compensation: Frequently asked questions
1. General information
2. Making a complaint about NHS or private healthcare
3. Accessing medical records
4. Brain injuries at birth and other birth injuries
5. Help with an inquest
6. Raising concerns about a healthcare worker
7. Making a legal claim for compensation
8. Making a claim for compensation: Frequently asked questions
Is there a guide that we don’t have that you would have found useful? We are always looking to expand our range of guides so please contact us to let us know and we will see if we are able to produce a guide on that subject.
If you find these guides helpful, please consider leaving feedback to help us improve our services.