Claims for compensation


When treatment has been negligent and caused harm, most people want honest answers and explanations about what happened and to see that learning takes place to stop the same thing happening to someone else. However, it is also perfectly reasonable to seek compensation.

At the moment, the only way to get full compensation for clinical negligence is by taking legal action. Legal action can’t put things right but it can help you to cope with the consequences.

How AvMA can help

Our self-help guides provide clear and straightforward explanations of how to make a claim:

It is very important to use a genuinely specialist solicitor for clinical negligence claims. AvMA can recommend an accredited solicitor who is a member of our specialist clinical negligence panel.

If you have used the complaints procedure and would like some advice on making a legal claim then please contact our helpline

Or you can write in to our advice and information service:

If you have received help or advice from AvMA please consider leaving us feedback. We value your input.